Austin, TX – March 9, 2018 – Cintra is pleased to announce that its Transform 66 P3 Project in Northern Virginia was awarded the Global PPP Deal of the Year and North American PPP Deal of the Year by Infrastructure Investor.
Winners were selected by the industry after a month long voting process based on short lists determined by Infrastructure Investor’s editorial team.
In addition, Cintra came in second in the Global Transport Investor of the Year category and Ferrovial received second place in the North American Transport Investor of the Year category.
See the complete list of winners here: www.infrastructureinvestor.com/time-to-celebrate
About the Transform 66 P3 Project
The $3.5 billion Transform 66 P3 Project, extending 22 miles along the Interstate 66 corridor outside of the Beltway between US Route 29 near Gainesville in Prince William County and Interstate 495 in Fairfax County, will add capacity, improve mobility and provide more predictable travel times for Northern Virginia and the Washington, D.C. metro region. It is the first project to follow Virginia’s reformed P3 process.
The project will be developed as a public-private partnership between the Commonwealth of Virginia and I-66 Express Mobility Partners, which includes equity members Cintra and Meridiam, and lead contractors Ferrovial Agroman US Corp. and Allan Myers VA, Inc.
Once completed, the project will provide significant upgrades to the highly congested corridor such as:
- Three regular lanes in each direction
- Two express lanes in each direction with a state of the art open-road electronic toll collection system
- Direct access between the express lanes and new or expanded commuter lots
- New and expanded transit service and park-and-ride lots
- Interchange improvements to enhance safety and reduce congestion, including auxiliary lanes between interchanges, where needed